In this Blog, we have described the deccan plateau located in term of Geography, so let’s discuss it.
The Deccan Plateau is Located in Southern India, covering a large portion of the Indian Peninsula. The Eastern ghats bound it to the east, the Western Ghats to the west, and the Satpura Range to the north. The plateau covers parts of Karnataka, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and smaller portions of Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala. The Deccan Plateau is characterized by its elevated terrain, with an average elevation of over 600 meters above sea level.
Where is the Deccan Plateau Located in Which Part of India?
Let’s discuss some important points about the Deccan Plateau is Located.
The Deccan Plateau is a large region of elevated landmass located in southern India, covering a significant portion of the Indian peninsula. Here is a more detailed point-wise answer to your question:
- Location: The Deccan Plateau is located in the southern part of India, covering approximately 43% of the country’s total landmass.
- Geographical Extent: The Deccan Plateau spans eight states in India, including Karnataka, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa, and Gujarat.
- Geographical Features: The Deccan Plateau is bordered by three mountain ranges – the Eastern Ghats, the Western Ghats, and the Satpura Range. These mountain ranges form natural barriers and create a distinct boundary between the plateau and the coastal regions.
- Climate: The climate of the Deccan Plateau is generally hot and dry, with a tropical savanna climate prevailing in most regions. However, the Western Ghats and some coastal areas experience a more moderate environment with higher levels of rainfall.
- Agriculture: The Deccan Plateau is primarily an agricultural region, with farming being the primary source of livelihood for many people. The fertile soil and suitable climate make it ideal for growing crops such as cotton, sugarcane, and rice.
- Cultural Significance: The Deccan Plateau has been a significant cultural and historical region for India, with many important historical sites and monuments. The plateau is home to many ancient temples, forts, and palaces and has been the site of many important historical events.
In summary, the Deccan Plateau is a large elevated region in southern India, bordered by three mountain ranges and eight states. It is a region of great cultural and historical significance, with a hot and dry climate suitable for agriculture.
Read More About: What is The Chota Nagpur Plateau?