In this blog, we have described some Plateaus in India, so let’s discuss them in this blog of Geography Times.
India has several Plateaus. Both the major and the minor plateaus in India are:
Decan Plateaus: Decan Plateaus is covered by a large part of the south india is one of the greatest plateaus in the part of India
Chota Nagpur Plateau: It is located in the eastern part of India, covering the state of
Jharkhand, Odisha, Bihar, and West Bengal
Malwa Plateau: It is located in central India, and also the Covering part of the states is Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan
Bundelkhand Plateau is located in central India, covering Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
Kathiawar Plateau: It is located in Western India that covers Parts of Gujarat
In part from these are the several other smaller plateaus in India, such as the Meghalaya Plateaus, Karbi Plateau, and Coimbatore Plateau.
How Many Plateaus are There in India With Their Names?
There are Approx seven to more seven Plateaus in Indian.
- Deccan Plateau: The Deccan Plateau is the largest in plateau India, covering parts of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu.
- Chota Nagpur Plateau: The Chota Nagpur Plateau is a plateau in eastern India, covering parts of Jharkhand, Odisha, Bihar, and West Bengal.
- Malwa Plateau: The Malwa Plateau is located in central India, covering parts of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- Telangana Plateau: The Telangana Plateau is located in southern India, covering parts of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Kathiawar Peninsula: The Kathiawar Peninsula is a plateau in western India, in Gujarat.
- Coimbatore Plateau: The Coimbatore Plateau is located in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- Meghalaya Plateau: The Meghalaya Plateau is Located in the state of Shillong and, traditionally, is divided into Garo Khasi and Jayantya Hills the region of the river of Dhansiri river in the west is about 400km long with an average width of about 40km and covering about the area of 35291 kilometres.
How Many Plateaus are There in India With The List?
Here is a given table, and read it carefully
|Name of Plateaus||Height of Plateaus|
|Deccan Plateau||2,695 m|
|Chota Nagpur Plateau||1,350 m|
|Malwa Plateau||500-600 metres|
|Telangana Plateau||500 metres|
|Kathiawar Peninsula Plateau||180 metres|
|Coimbatore Plateau||150 to 450 metres|
|Meghalaya Plateau||1,400 metres|
Read More: Which Plateau Lies Between The Aravali and Vindhya Ranges?